Tuesday, September 5, 2017
PMS Diecasting is a 100% employee owned business, a fact we are immensely proud of, where we are all committed in the pursuit of exceeding our customers’ every expectation.
As PMS enters a new phase of evolution as a business we find ourselves requiring an additional Quality Engineer to join and support the existing Quality & Compliance team. We require a tenacious problem solver who deals in evidence and facts and who has as unfaltering desire for high standards. This is needed along with the ability to communicate to all levels of the business effectively, and to be able to work autonomously as well as part of the team.
The key focus will be supporting the casting floor in rapid problem solving and optimization activities, coaching the teams while ensuring quality comes first. In addition to this support function will be project work to eliminate waste in all its forms ensuring proven efficiency and consistency gains. There will be a necessity to investigate customer issues and remove concerns using root cause analysis as well as making sure that corrective actions are rapid and preventative measures are permanent.
• Possess excellent communication skills with good written and spoken English
• Good Microsoft office skills
• Experience of using Stock control and Quality based computer systems
• Experience of ISO 9001:2015
• Proven problem solving
• Experience of New product introduction
• Ability to read technical drawings
• Experienced with using different metrology equipment.
• Have a full UK driving license and the right to work in a permanent full-time role in the UK
• Proven Automotive background.
• Extensive 8D experience.
• Proven experience of running FMEA.
• Six Sigma Green/Black belt.
• Full understanding of how to design and experiment.
• Full understanding of capability studies.
• Experience of working with customers and suppliers
• Recognized Quality focused qualification.
• CMM experience.
• Process engineering experience
Salary will be dependent upon relevant experience, additionally currently there is a 7% noncontributory pension and PMS offer 33 days annual leave including bank holidays.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for this role to email@example.com – Closing date 22nd September 2017.