Job: Senior Design Engineer
Friday, August 11, 2017
**THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED**
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to join our expanding manufacturing company. PMS Diecasting Ltd. is a 100% employee owned business, a fact we are immensely proud of, where we apply innovation, technology and fluid thinking to manufacture high quality zinc diecastings. We also provide tooling and laser scanning services to a diverse client range and due to continuous expansion we are now recruiting for the following position of:
Senior Design Engineer
Reporting to the Technical Director, and working closely with the Production and Engineering teams, you will be based at the Head Office in Hellaby, Rotherham.
This is a key role for the business with the main focus on designing tooling, jigs and fixtures and assist customers with their product design to suit the diecasting process.
Key responsibilities include:
• Mechanical design of tooling, jigs and fixtures and components
• Assisting customers with their product design to suit the diecasting process
• Managing designs and projects with Sub Contract toolmakers and engineering suppliers
• Using a 3D Laser Printer to produce prototypes and jigs
• Responsible for the creation of 2D drawings to allow manufacture or purchase of spare parts
• Working with production and engineering to help solve tooling issues
• Managing a database of design files and documentation stored to the latest revisions
• Working closely with the Technical Director to overcome technical challenges and provide R&D support for new ideas
To be considered for the role you will have the following attributes:
• Proven expertise of using 3D CAD software – Solidworks
• Understanding of CAM, computer aided manufacture using CNC cutting tool path software
• Ability to produce technical drawings to a high standard with GD&T competency
• Effective problem solving capabilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary.
• Commitment, drive and energy to make PMS a great place to work.
• Good organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives.
• Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
Salary will be negotiable according to skills and relevant experience. To apply please forward your CV and covering letter outlining your strengths in relation to this role to Sinead O’Neill via email@example.com by 31st August 2017.Tweet