Inspection Room Project
Thursday, May 25, 2017
The Quality Inspection room has recently been refurbished at PMS Diecasting as part of our ongoing ‘Project Springboard’.
Liam Yarrow, Electrical Apprentice at PMS Diecasting, has been working with Craig Reading on electrically upgrading the inspection room and creating a job report for his NVQ.
His report included further details of the below:
– Wooden brackets were created and fixed to the wall to screw dado onto.
– Dado was cut down to size.
– Multiple electrical sockets were fitted along the new work benches.
– The dado around the work benches was totally re-wired to provide electrical access and ethernet ports all around the new inspection benches.
– Ethernet cable was laid from engineers office to inspection room.
Liam started his two year apprenticeship in March 2017 through the AMRC Training Centre, part of the University of Sheffield AMRC Group, which provides training in the practical and academic skills that engineering / manufacturing companies need to compete globally, from apprenticeship through to higher education.