News

In the spotlight this week is Liam Sykes who started work as a 'Machine Operator' at PMS Diecasting, earlier this year. Liam is 23 and originally from Doncaster but has lived in Sheffield for the last six years and currently living with his in-laws and his fiance Tammy in Rawmarsh and they are saving for their own house. His past jobs include...

PMS Diecasting has recently invested in a state-of-the-art Stratasys Objet30 Pro 3D Printer as a move towards accuracy, quality and efficiency. The printer boasts an impressive range of eight different printing materials, including transparent and high-temperature photopolymers. The new acquisition will initially enable in-house ✓ Prototyping ✓ Printing of runners for better flow optimising and quicker automation of clipping processes ✓ Jigs...

Danny Wainwright, Tomasz Wasilewski and Artur Baltrukiewicz have successfully completed an intensive 3 day, Dale Carnegie course at The Met Hotel in Leeds. PMS Diecasting strives to send all it's employees to attend a Dale Carnegie course. Not only does the course strengthen interpersonal relations, help manage stress and handle fast-changing workplace conditions but also helps build communication, creative problem-solving and...

The PMS Diecasting Annual General Meeting took place on Thursday April 23, 2015. The room was full, it was a great turnout. Gordon reviewed the performance of the employee owned company throughout 2014/2015, minutes were passed from the last meeting and employees were presented with 5 Year Long Service and GLIDE Awards. Afterwards, everyone enjoyed a delicious buffet which included homemade flans,...

Ben Scott has recently joined PMS Diecasting as a 'General Operator'. Ben is 23 and lives in Rawmarsh near Rotherham with his parents and his two dogs Archie and Bobby. He is a big Ice Hockey fan supporting Sheffield Steelers and supports Leeds United football team too. Ben's dogs, Archie and Bobby. His first full time job since college was...

Production Operators / Trainee Setters wanted THESE POSITIONS HAVE NOW BEEN FILLED. PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON FOR NEW VACANCIES. to work alternate morning, afternoon & night shifts (Monday –Friday). The keys task will be operating / setting state of the art zinc diecasting and robotic production machines ensuring high quality products are produced in a timely manner, working within a small...

GLIDE (Chairman’s award) Calvin Higginbottom Calvin has been nominated for this award for the outstanding job he does promoting GLIDE at every opportunity inside and outside of the group. He has changed all our communication (letterheads and presentations) to reflect the power of GLIDE as a collective group and promotes, Gripple, GoTools, Gripple Automation and...

PMS Diecasting has just received it's 'Highly Commended' award certificates from Dr Pam Murrell FICME, CEO of the UK trade association Cast Metals Federation. The CMF aims to make a difference by supporting and representing the UK cast metals industry at all levels as its single, powerful voice. Gordon Panter, PMS Managing Director receives award from Dr Pam Murrell FICME, CEO...

PMS take looking after the Environment seriously. We have always recycled approx. 99% of our waste by weight and have held the International Standard ISO14001:2004 since 2010. However, since Oct 14, 2014, we have reduced the remaining 1% of waste to landfill by half by recycling it. Here is our recycled waste in order by weight : ✔ Metal ✔ Cardboard ✔...

Mark Groake, Sales Manager at PMS Diecasting, received his official #SBS award, on Friday, from TV Dragons' Den star, Theo Paphitis at an awards ceremony at the ICC in Birmingham. Dragons’ Den star, Theo Paphitis had rewarded Mark Groake and PMS Diecasting Ltd, with an #SBS award ('Small Business Sunday' ) on social media site Twitter back in October 2014 which...