We have a fantastic opportunity for a Tooling Engineer to join our expanding manufacturing company. PMS Diecasting Ltd. is a 100% employee owned business, a fact we are immensely proud of, where we apply innovation, technology and fluid thinking to manufacture high quality zinc diecastings. We also provide tooling and laser scanning services to a diverse client range and due to continuous expansion we are now recruiting for the following position:
Reporting to the Toolroom Manager, and working closely with the established Tooling and Production Teams, you will be based at the Head Office in Hellaby, Rotherham.
This is a key role for the business with the main focus on inspection and measurement of production tooling to determine maintenance and repair work and also carrying out toolroom tasks to bring tooling back into specification.
Key responsibilities include: • Ability to read 2D drawings and interrogate 3D CAD • Using range of calibrated measuring devices to determine wear and deviation from drawings • Understand the mechanics of mould / diecast tooling with sliding cores and ejector plates • Ability to use surface grinding machines • Ability to use a lathe and milling machine • Be aware and understand Health and Safety requirements of using toolroom equipment • Laser welding skills preferred but training will be given to do small repairs to cores and die shut offs • CNC machine program & CAM are good skills to have but not essential • Maintaining systems of logging time and costs to jobs when completed • Understanding the needs from production which dictate some jobs may require completion to meet customer demand in a given time period
To be considered for the role you will have the following attributes:
• Ability to understand technical drawings • Ability to be trained for CNC and CAM programming • Effective problem solving capabilities and looking for better solutions to prevent recurring faults • Excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels when necessary support others as part of a team effort • Commitment, drive and energy to make PMS a great place to work • Good organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives • Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills • Clean, tidy and organised to maintain our 5S working environment
Salary will be negotiable according to skills and relevant experience. To apply please forward your CV and covering letter outlining your strengths in relation to this role to Gordon Panter via firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st October 2017.
**Position now filled** PMS Diecasting is a 100% employee owned business, a fact we are immensely proud of, where we are all committed in the pursuit of exceeding our customers’ every expectation.
As PMS enters a new phase of evolution as a business we find ourselves requiring an additional Quality Engineer to join and support the existing Quality & Compliance team. We require a tenacious problem solver who deals in evidence and facts and who has as unfaltering desire for high standards. This is needed along with the ability to communicate to all levels of the business effectively, and to be able to work autonomously as well as part of the team.
The key focus will be supporting the casting floor in rapid problem solving and optimization activities, coaching the teams while ensuring quality comes first. In addition to this support function will be project work to eliminate waste in all its forms ensuring proven efficiency and consistency gains. There will be a necessity to investigate customer issues and remove concerns using root cause analysis as well as making sure that corrective actions are rapid and preventative measures are permanent.
• Possess excellent communication skills with good written and spoken English • Good Microsoft office skills • Experience of using Stock control and Quality based computer systems • Experience of ISO 9001:2015 • Proven problem solving • Experience of New product introduction • Ability to read technical drawings • Experienced with using different metrology equipment. • Have a full UK driving license and the right to work in a permanent full-time role in the UK
• Proven Automotive background. • Extensive 8D experience. • Proven experience of running FMEA. • Six Sigma Green/Black belt. • Full understanding of how to design and experiment. • Full understanding of capability studies. • Experience of working with customers and suppliers • Recognized Quality focused qualification. • CAD • CMM experience. • Process engineering experience
Salary will be dependent upon relevant experience, additionally currently there is a 7% noncontributory pension and PMS offer 33 days annual leave including bank holidays.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for this role to email@example.com – Closing date 22nd September 2017.
**Positions now filled** PMS Diecasting is a 100% employee owned business, a fact we are immensely proud of, where we apply innovation, technology and fluid thinking to manufacture high quality zinc diecastings. As one of Europe’s leading diecasters we ensure outstanding quality at every stage of our process.
To keep up with the continued development of our team we now wish to recruit 4 new apprentices
3 Apprentices – Diecasting Operations
to work alternate morning, afternoon & night shifts (Monday –Friday). The key focus will be training to eventually operate state of the art zinc diecasting and robotic production machines ensuring high quality products are produced in a timely manner,
1 Apprentice – Tool Room Operations
to work initially day shifts (Monday –Friday). The key focus will be training to assist in the servicing, maintenance, repair and cleaning of all high value diecasting tools used in our state of the art diecasting operations.
As these roles are apprenticeship based which are offered in partnership with Sheffield College, full onsite & offsite training will be given. We want people who want to learn, contribute and progress at the company and to be considered for these opportunities you must:
• Possess excellent communication skills with good written and spoken English • Be flexible, and reliable with a can-do attitude • Can travel to the Hellaby site at unsociable times • Be honest and hardworking with a desire to learn • Have the right to work in a permanent full time role in the UK
Starting salary will be between £8,000 to £11,400 per annum (39-hour week) with increases as you develop new skills. 33 days holiday including bank holidays. Our business philosophy has always been to share wealth with the employees and all staff have the fantastic opportunity to invest in the Company share scheme.
To apply you will need to complete the following application online with The Sheffield College.
There is currently an immediate vacancy for a warehouse operative at PMS Diecasting Ltd. in Rotherham.
PMS Diecasting is an innovative and very successful zinc die-caster, supplying quality, precision engineered metal products to many varied industries across the UK. We are 100% employee owned so that all employees can share in our success.
Suitable candidates should have the following skills/experience: • A current driving licence – Essential • A licence and experience of driving a fork lift truck – Desirable • Be willing to learn new skills • Be self-starting at work, able to work alone and as part of a team
The work hours are generally rotating days/afters/nights Mon-Fri with flexibility needed for overtime at weekends, holiday cover, late working etc.
To apply please send a C.V and letter saying why you wish to be considered for this role to Sinead O’Neill, People & Culture Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2017.
We maintain the right to close this job position early if we receive enough applicants.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to join our expanding manufacturing company. PMS Diecasting Ltd. is a 100% employee owned business, a fact we are immensely proud of, where we apply innovation, technology and fluid thinking to manufacture high quality zinc diecastings. We also provide tooling and laser scanning services to a diverse client range and due to continuous expansion we are now recruiting for the following position of:
Senior Design Engineer Reporting to the Technical Director, and working closely with the Production and Engineering teams, you will be based at the Head Office in Hellaby, Rotherham.
This is a key role for the business with the main focus on designing tooling, jigs and fixtures and assist customers with their product design to suit the diecasting process.
Key responsibilities include: • Mechanical design of tooling, jigs and fixtures and components • Assisting customers with their product design to suit the diecasting process • Managing designs and projects with Sub Contract toolmakers and engineering suppliers • Using a 3D Laser Printer to produce prototypes and jigs • Responsible for the creation of 2D drawings to allow manufacture or purchase of spare parts • Working with production and engineering to help solve tooling issues • Managing a database of design files and documentation stored to the latest revisions • Working closely with the Technical Director to overcome technical challenges and provide R&D support for new ideas
To be considered for the role you will have the following attributes:
• Proven expertise of using 3D CAD software – Solidworks • Understanding of CAM, computer aided manufacture using CNC cutting tool path software • Ability to produce technical drawings to a high standard with GD&T competency • Effective problem solving capabilities • Excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary. • Commitment, drive and energy to make PMS a great place to work. • Good organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives. • Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
Salary will be negotiable according to skills and relevant experience. To apply please forward your CV and covering letter outlining your strengths in relation to this role to Sinead O’Neill via email@example.com by 31st August 2017.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a General Manager/Managing Director Designate to join a dynamic and rapidly growing zinc diecasting business which has built its success on challenging conventional diecasting methods.
This role is about leading the company on the next stage of its journey by shaping and implementing a commercial strategy with responsibility for the day to day running of the business. Also, instrumental in this role is creating an effective leadership team and a culture that encourages team work and high performance at all levels within the business.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following attributes:
• Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to keep calm under pressure • Strong understanding of accounts, budgeting and corporate finance • Proven track record of working at a senior level in a UK manufacturing business • Knowledge of diecasting or injection mould processes preferred • Outstanding self-belief and high level of determination to reach goals and objectives • Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with staff at all levels within the business • Excellent interpersonal skills to engage with customers and other external stakeholders • Ability of gaining trust of others and a track record of building successful teams • Desire to problem solve to understand the root cause of successes and failures.
Salary will be negotiable according to skills and relevant experience. To apply for this position, forward your CV and supporting statement outlining your strengths for this role to Gordon Panter or call for further information on 07802 407398. Deadline for applications is 4th June 2017. firstname.lastname@example.org
***NOTE: In the first instance job applications are open internally to people within the GLIDE group only.